Operation InternOperation Intern: Developing North Dakota's Workforce
To be eligible for the Operation Intern program, students must be:
- a high school junior or senior or;
- enrolled in a North Dakota college or university taking at least 6 credits during the internship, or the semester prior to the internship; or
- a student enrolled in a registered apprenticeship program.
Students attending an institution on the North Dakota border may be eligible for the program, only if the hiring company demonstrates a need to expand its pool of applicants. Employers should contact the Youth Office/Operation Intern Coordinator for more information on hiring students from a border school.
It is recommended that the student be:
- a United States citizen or have permanent legal immigration status;
- in a program of study at least two years in length;
- have an overall GPA (Grade Point Average) of at least 2.5; and
- working in an experience that corresponds with academic major or career goals.